Do you want to have the most effective workouts possible? To see your muscles growing at a furious pace? Then you should opt only for the best supplements! But how do you know what is the best pre-workout to take? By listening to the voice of specialists like us. This is why, in this article, we want to help you with your supplementation by showing you what’s going to be most effective for you. Interested? Read on!
What Is the Best Pre-Workout for Beginners?
Knowing how pre-workouts can improve your workout but having never tried them, you might struggle with the right choice. After all, there are tons of supplements available online and in physical stores, so picking one with little to no experience is a true challenge. Thus, instead of showing you the best product, we want to tell you what to look for.
First of all, you have to decide what type of pre-workout you want. They can be broken down into two general categories: stimulating and non-stimulating. Each of these is better in certain circumstances – refer to our post “What Is the Difference Between Stim and Non-Stim Pre-Workout?” to find out which kind you should use in your case.
Secondly, there’s the matter of ingredients. Each pre-workout has its own formula, so it’s impossible to go through all the possibilities. However, there are a couple of elements that are a must for a good beginner supplement, so when choosing your product, make sure it contains the following:
- Caffeine – This is true only for stim pre-workouts. By checking whether your product has caffeine or not, you’ll be able to distinguish between these two types quickly.
- L-Citrulline – That’s one of the most important ingredients for boosting your muscle pump, so make sure it’s in your pre-workout.
- Beta-Alanine – This amino acid helps you enhance the intensity of your workouts and reduces the feeling of fatigue, making it ideal for strength training.
- Citrulline Malate – This is yet another ingredient that makes you feel better and less tired after your workout – it’s a must if you prefer endurance workouts.
- Creatine – While it’s exactly a must, it’s worth considering a pre-workout that contains creatine. Why? Because this way, you won’t have to worry about getting another supplement with this substance in mind.
Finally, we should talk a little bit more about stim pre-workouts. While they might give you quite the kicks, you should be aware of their effect and choose a supplement that doesn’t contain too many stimulants (or too high amount of them). With time, you’ll build up tolerance, making it possible for you to switch to stronger pre-workouts, but for your start, choose weaker ones.
What Is the Best Pre-Workout to Take Overall?
We’ve gone through the case for beginners; now, let’s get to the pros. What is the best pre-workout to take for more experienced gymgoers? We’ve got a few suggestions for you.
Before we get to our list, let us remind you about things: first of all, you want to look for the same ingredients as beginners; secondly, even though you might be experienced, the strongest pre-workouts available might still be too much – remember about testing your first serving to see whether you require smaller or bigger portions.
Our List of Best Pre-Workouts
- Dark Labs CRACK – We’re starting with a “boom” with this excellent pre-workout for explosive strength training. It’ll enhance your speed, power, and endurance while sharpening your focus and filling you with energy – it’s an excellent stim option. But be aware that it’s strong – that’s why we recommend it to more experienced gymgoers.
- Dark Labs Flame V3 – Strength, focus, euphoria, and vascularity – that’s just an excerpt from the list of features that this pre-workout enhances. It’s great both for your time at the gym and outside of it since the energy boost lasts for longer – we especially recommend it to those of you who opt for endurance training.
- Dark Labs P.I.M.P. – If you are looking for a stim-free pre-workout instead, you should befriend Dark Labs P.I.M.P.. With high L-citrulline content, this product is going to get you pumped up like never before. Plus, it’s extremely effective at delaying fatigue and boosting overall endurance, making it ideal for those who prefer running, swimming or cycling over weightlifting.
A Few Tips on Finding What Is the Best Pre-Workout for You To Take
We’ve shown you what we believe are the best pre-workouts worth taking, but sometimes they might be unavailable, you might need a change, or you’ll build up tolerance. In such cases, you need to switch to different products, and here are a few tips that will help you with that:
- Consider your needs – Most pre-workouts contain nutrients, meaning that what’s the best pre-workout to take for one person might not be the best for the other. See how each supplement affects you, consider your diet, and analyze ingredient lists carefully until you’ll come up with what works best for you. Select products only that match your needs.
- Count your stims – Another important tip that we have for you is: to count how many stimulants you consume daily. This way, when you build up a tolerance, you’ll know how much more caffeine (or other stims) you have to get.
So, you now know what pre-workout is the best for beginners (or rather: what it should contain) and more experienced gymgoers. Remember that supplementation will never replace a nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle – the amount of sleep, things you eat and drink, and exercising can boost pre-workout effectiveness as well, so don’t overlook them.
Did you like this article? You can learn more about pre-workouts and other supplements on our blog, and we strongly recommend one particular post: 5 Reasons Why Your Pre-Workout Supplement Isn’t Working